Social dance during the current Covid-19 pandemics is very hard, nearly impossible in many places around the world. In Sweden, we have some restrictions and recommendations about social interaction and gatherings that you can read at the following page:
Update from 8/01 2022
Following the recommendations of the PHAS, we adapt our classes (private gatherings) in this way:
- No more than 20 participants at the time are allowed in the room/on the dance floor, including the instructor couple.
- No drop in – just pre-booked spots (to ensure limited contact with new people). Make sure to cancel if you are not able to come.
- You should preferably bring your own dance partner. If not, we expect you to dance with an assigned partner in a way ZIS considers minimizes the spread risk.
- We don’t demand vaccine certificate, we rely on good civil behavior (so does the Swedish Authorities).
- We expect the dance couples to stay in the assigned, and marked spot on the dance floor and not move around near other couples
- While in the studio, we open the windows and make sure the room is airy.
- You are welcome to use face mask if you feel so.
- While in the studio, we expect you tho wash your hands before class and right after class. We provide you with alcohol for your hands if necessary.
- Of course, we expect you to stay at home if you have any flu or cold symptoms.
- If you have to stay at home due to symptoms as you start a course, we can offer you follow the class live from your home using Jitsi meet (an app like zoom). You find information about Jitsi further below.
- It is ok to linger and dance with your partner in the room and your assigned spot after class for max 15 minutes and do some practice (just wash your hands afterwards).
- If any thoughts or worries, please contact the instructors/organizers or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We are currently (jan 2022) in stand by regarding social dance. Hopefully we start these again in March 2022.
- If any thoughts or worries, please contact the instructors/organizers or write to email@example.com
About the Jitsi-app:
We wish you safe dances! / The Zouk Angels